Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Setting the stage

 Now I think my whole speech exercises can start from organizing how to set the stage.

 What's the right sequences?

 From the engagement point of view, you can mention about things happen in the past.

 Like you might have seen EMAIL conversation about a particular project in the past.

 And right now, what is the next stage.

 Basically follow a chronological sequence.

1. past 

2. current

 Like for the steve jobs. Stay hungry. Stay foolish speech.

 You start from the current context of a Stanford university environment.

I am honored to be with you today at your commencement from one of the finest universities in the world. I never graduated from college. Truth be told, this is the closest I’ve ever gotten to a college graduation. Today I want to tell you three stories from my life. That’s it. No big deal. Just three stories.

 And it connects to his experience of never graduated from college.

 Basically follows a context first sequence.

 Start from 

1. the context and 

2. start from him associated with the contacts. 

3. And then moved to his stories.


 But if you combine two cases. It will be

1. Known to audience

2. Connect from Known to Unknown

3. Unknown to audience





No comments:

Post a Comment